4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Treasure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:
Treasure Left_bar_bleue0/0Treasure Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Vhale being the stout, strong, and slow moving dwarf has volunteered to carry the parties belongings until they can be further distributed. Below is a constantly updated list of everything of note in his bulging packs...

Treasure:
332g
180s
2 sapphires (unknown value as of yet)
+1 crossbow - currently used by Krieg
Amulet/holy symbol of orcus (not really treasure but who knows)
2 potions of healing
+1 Dwarven Chainmail
+1 Vicious Battle Axe - used currently by vhale until something better can be done
+1 Bloodcut hide armor (seems pretty sweet based on that asshole goblin we took it from)

At the end of our adventure into the kobold lair is when we should distribute the monies and when we get back to town and can use it.

Last edited by Vhale Arkhan on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Well, I wanted to post my two cents.

I know the past couple magic loots we have gotten have been pretty melee friendly and this one does also. It seems to me the healing potions would make the most sense going to Vhale and Dravin since they are always in the front of battle taking the most hits. Last session Vhale got the amulet which is a boost to all his defenses which is what he primarily does,but I have to express an interest in the Battle axe as well. Damage output isn't my main goal so I would like to use it until maybe we make it back to Fallcrest and can potentially trade with that tie-fling for a different magic item someone else in the party might be able to use. I don't want to seem greedy since I already have the amulet and I don't think amnon has anything magic as of yet.

The chainmail is also a pretty good item with the daily power on it, I forget why dravin prefers hide, but I would think he would get it unless Krieg can wear it. Again, this might be an item that can be used for now and perhaps traded for a different magic item of equal value more tailored to what a PC is looking for once we get back to Fallcrest. We haven't really attempted to trade with this guy yet so we don't know to what extent his magic item trade reaches, but if we can trade him equally for an item for another item chosen from the PhB then maybe everyone should start taking a look at low level magic items and see what things stick out that they might want to get their hands on.
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Kyden

Kyden

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 pm

I really don't care what goes to who as long as that person can use it.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:52 pm

[quote = Vhale]
if we can trade him equally for an item for another item chosen from the PhB then maybe everyone should start taking a look at low level magic items and see what things stick out that they might want to get their hands on.
[/quote]

Just wanted to put in something here, Patrick asked me about this in real life and I said basically not to plan to be able to just trade items freely. That kind of defeats the purpose I have in mind when I put certain items in (I don't really use what they have in the adventure etc I usually tailor it to the party). Basically I just don't want anyone to go through and say I want this item that one and that one and be disappointing or mad when they can't get it.

I did say though that I think selling items at 1/5 value is not fair in regards to magic items so generally plan for around 75% value (since the merchant is still there to make money not trade around items, which goes back to the above paragraph) that way you are still getting a good price since they are rarer than a whatever regular longsword so the vendor has to pay more to get his hands on them and there isn't as big a demand (most commoners don't want/need a +1 sword) he makes less profit off them and sell them for only 25% markup instead of the what 80% on regular items.

Just remember every item you want isn't always readily available so have to check and see what's available.

Really like I said just wanted to make sure no one is disappointing that if they go "shopping" they can't get every item they want while someone else might get left cold. I am trying to make sure everyone gets some magic item love since it's a big part of 4E especially since I they don't have masterwork anymore (only armor and it's all magic)
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Treasure Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Treasure Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:56 am

As far as magic items go, has anyone looked into how exactly enchanting works? I know that I could, but I'm lazy. As far as I can see, we can start doing that at level 4 (which, at the current rate, means sometime in the winter of 2009). This would allow us to make whatever we want, given the proper monetary resources, without having to deal with shopkeepers and the like.

Is it a problem to increase the enchantment on an existing item? Like say you have +1 dwarven chainmail. Can you increase that to +2 dwarven chainmail by paying the extra cost?

Vhale wrote:
The chainmail is also a pretty good item with the daily power on it, I forget why dravin prefers hide, but I would think he would get it unless Krieg can wear it.
I cannot wear it without a feat, and I am hesitant to take a feat unless it seems like finding/buying/making leather is going to be really difficult. So I'll pass for now, especially because it would probably mesh with the needs of a meat shield better than it would for me.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 am

Technically the Enchat Magic Item ritual says "You touch a normal item and turn it into a magic item of your level or lower..." But off the top of my head I don't see an issue with enchanting something that's already enchanted for less as long as it stays in the "your level or lower" part of it. The only thing I will note is that like in this case Dwarven +2 is a level 7 item...so you could save it until then or you could sell it or disenchant it and try to enchant a new piece of armor that you could use.

I think the level capping is just there to put in check players getting an item that is "to" powerful for the level, if they somehow sell a bunch and raised like 5000 gold they could make a level 10 Flaming +2 etc at level 2-3, which would be hard to balance since it would mean one party member would be more powerful than the others plus the enemies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Treasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treasure   Treasure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treasure
Page 1 of 1