4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vhale Arkan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:
Vhale Arkan Left_bar_bleue0/0Vhale Arkan Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Vhale Arkan Empty
PostSubject: Vhale Arkan   Vhale Arkan Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:31 am

Herein contains the memoirs of Vhale Arkan Devoted defender of Hammerfast

The story of Vhale Arkan begins quite literally with the Vale itself. Vhale was named after his father who in turn was named after Nentir Vale. Vhale’s grandfather Belrick lived within Hammerfast with the rest of the Arkan clan. After fighting in the Orcish invasion a century ago Belrick named his son Vale after the part of the world he had given so much to protect. Vale carried on this tradition by naming his son Vhale. From that point on the Arkan clan and Vhale’s immediate family have felt tied in to the prosperity of Nentir Vale itself.

From a young age Belrick noticed in his grandson certain qualities that were unusual in most dwarves, empathy, compassion for all livings things, and not unusual for dwarves; a fierce devotion to his kin. Vale’s father had groomed his son as most fathers do to work with him and eventually take over the profession he had become so skilled at: marblework. Belrick however unbeknownst to his son took Vhale and secretly began training him in the rituals and ethics of The Eternal Brotherhood known as Paladins. Belrick suffered severe injury in the Orc wars 90 years prior and had lost the use of his legs, even still he tried to show Vhale how to harness these innate qualities within him and use them for the betterment of all those around him. Vhale immediately adopted the idea that he would devote his life trying to help those around him he had seen most hurt by others apathy like his grandfather. Vhale realized that had a group of like minded individuals like himself have been around 90 years ago it is quite possible the Orcish invasion might never have happened and his Grandfather would still been able to walk.

Vhale’s father eventually came to accept the fact that his son would not follow in his footsteps and of course upset him, but Vale had seen what a respectable and driven man Vhale had grown into and came to accept his son’s choice. Vhale was always close to his father with whom he spent much time still working with marble albeit as a hobby, but Vhale always felt much closer to his grandfather who had similar ideas of the prosperity of all those around him and not just individual success.

As a reminder of his Father and what he is fighting for Vhale wears engraved marble ringlets of Familial names that he fashions his beard with braiding and clumping the hair together. It is a sign of honor within the Arkan clan to not shave one’s beard, the only time the beard is cut is after a loss in battle or as a sign of mourning for a loved ones death. Vhale having only recently within the last few years reached the age of maturity has started growing his beard but as of yet it only measures a few inches. He also shaves his head to the scalp, although Vhale laziness shows through in this respect as most of the time he tends to have peach fuzz and stubble growing on his scalp. Vhale started out his career as a defender of the people with a simple set of unpolished fullplate armor, a throwing axe he normally carries in his hand as well as a heavy shield in the other. On his back he carries a large dwarven warhammer engraved with geometric and angular carvings in the stone. Along both of the heads of the hammer Vhale’s father has engraved the words Defender’s Retribution in the dwarven tongue as his final goodbye to his son and the life he chose to lead.

Personally Vhale is known as a loyal friend and someone who is known to have a good laugh. However it is a staunch turn around whenever a serious matter comes to his attention. Vhale has the ability to block out all other distractions and focus singularly at the problem at hand. Vhale is also extremely empathetic. This has led to a unique moral compass for Vhale because he will only hurt or kill someone who has proven themselves to be a direct threat to another. Often times Vhale will act according to his won moral compass this way and then later analyze whether or not what he chose to do fits into the societal laws. Vhale sometimes runs into trouble this way as he sees his decisions as just and fitting and following his heart. It is also because of his strong inner morals that Vhale has yet to adopt a single patron God. He sees the power involved in all of them and chooses to pray to whichever one seems most appropriate for the situation he is in. Some would see this as blasphemous but Vhale sees this as being more devout since he respects all of the pantheon equally rather than only adhering to the laws of one. Vhale also has always had a love affair with the idea of dragons and the powerful patriarchs of an ancient age. As a small boy Vhale listened to stories from his grandfather about Dragons and dwarven dragonriders and their heroic exploits. Vhale hopes one day in his adventures he can meet a dragon, but instead of slaying a dragon like most adventurers Vhale hopes to meet and converse with such a powerful being of a forgotten age. As a selfish dream Vhale hopes one day he can become one of the dragonriders of the stories he was told, continuing his heroic exploits on the winged back of justice incarnate.

When Vhale began adventuring he left his home and family in Hammerfast and traveled to the frontier town of Fallcrest. The stories and people he has seen from Fallcrest indiciated that he could do much along his chosen path in this city. Despite being fiercely driven towards his goal he initially came upon a roadblock and unknowing how to continue further began working as part of the Lord Warden’s guard in the city. He soon grew bored of breaking up simple bar fights and the like and decided he needed something more which was when he joined up with a group of 4 others with similar goals and aspirations, at least enough that they decided to group together and face their destiny head on.

Vhale eventually died the way in which he dreamt; defending an ally from some terrible downfall. Vhale would have liked to have been remembered as a hero of the land, a defender of the righteous, and a loyal friend and companion

Well I finally decided to post something to give everyone some kind of idea what my guy is about. I had all these ideas floating around and things that I thought would be cool to try and work out but for some reason I have had major writers block or something lately. Even this I'm sure is terribly written and doesn't make much sense, but I think this will be all I can get out before we start playing. I think I will just try and develop him more in game than with a backstory. But at least this is something.

Last edited by Vale Arkhan on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Vhale Arkan Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Vhale Arkan Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Vhale Arkan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vhale Arkan   Vhale Arkan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm

So you mentioned that this dude is going to be from Hammerfall, right? I was thinking that your daddy and my daddy could be best buds. Perhaps there's even a family history, like granddads fought together against the orcs in the war (which was only 90 years ago).
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Vhale Arkan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vhale Arkan   Vhale Arkan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:41 pm

I also did what matthew and zac did and just edited my original post with my story
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
Vhale Arkan Left_bar_bleue0/1000Vhale Arkan Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Vhale Arkan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vhale Arkan   Vhale Arkan Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Great stuff! But, I've got a question about the very end...

Quote :
Vhale eventually died the way in which he dreamt; defending an ally from some terrible downfall. Vhale would have liked to have been remembered as a hero of the land, a defender of the righteous, and a loyal friend and companion

Your dude's dead?
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Vhale Arkan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vhale Arkan   Vhale Arkan Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:59 am

No I initially had an idea that I would write the story basis and background for my character in the form of a memoir that someone else wrote about him like a memoir/obituary. I realized half way through writing it though that I started saynig things in the present tense and first person so that idea didn't fully pan out. So, no he isn't dead it was basically just to point out that he would feel most proud giving his life for a friend and ally in a heroic death and one that he would be remembered for in stories and songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vhale Arkan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vhale Arkan   Vhale Arkan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vhale Arkan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Characters :: Describe and Develop your Characters-
Jump to: