4th Edition Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4th Edition Campaign

R.I.P Hardcorp Doomcocks

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baern Bardryn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Baern
Hit Dice: 0
XP to Next Level:
Baern Bardryn Left_bar_bleue0/1000Baern Bardryn Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Baern Bardryn

• What is your full name (and any nicknames)?

Baern Bardryn

• What do you look like?

Young dwarf, with a thick, black beard and dark-brown eyes. Handsome as far as dwarves go, tall for his race at 4' 9", and muscular, weighing in at 210 lbs.

• What is your racial heritage?

Dwarven

• What is your family like?

A tight-knit clan with a strong sense of duty and loyalty to their local government and leaders, as well as a long history of devotion to Erathis. The clan has a long history of craftsman and stonemasons, and possess a strong sense of pride in their professions.

• Where do you live?

Some, as-yet-undertemined city in an as-yet-undertermined nation Smile

• What sort of training did you receive as a child and young adult?

Baern has been taught the ways of a trade worker, craftsman, and stone mason his entire life, excelling in working with stone.

• Do you have a job? What do you do for money?

For the past several years, Baern has been working for the local government as a talented stone mason, building walls, courthouses, etc. Most recently, he recently finished a contract in which he was asked to oversee a small team of masons while building a stone chruch dedicated to Erathis. This proved to be a turning point in Baern's life as he began to spend time with the preists of the church. The preists showed him how they care for the dead, and taught him a simple ritual that would allow him to mend broken materials, such as cracks in stone. Inspired, Baern has been spending an increasing amount of his off-work hours with the Erathis preists and is considering joing their ranks, a direction his clan members approve of.

• Do you have any hobbies?

Baern works hard and plays hard. When he is not working or spending time with Erathis preists, he spends his hours wrestling and drinking with his clan members, occasionally sparring with them.

• Do you have a love interest?

Baern has not yet found anything he would call more than a simple attraction or crush. In fact, the closest thing he has ever experienced to love is his recent infatuation with Erathis.

• Are you religious?

Baern has always been spritual, and has been taught of Erathis his whole life. Recently however, he has begun to consider Erathis in a much more serious light.

• What are your three biggest fears?

Baern possess only 2 fears: (1) disappointing his clan and (2) disappointing Erathis.

• What is your biggest dream?

HPreviously, his dream has always been simply to become a skilled and accomplished stone mason. Recently, however, he has begun to imagine himself building a grand temple to Erathis with his own hands...

• What are your quirks or pet peeves?

Baern can't stand insincerity, inconsitancy, or disployalty in nearly any form.

• What is most important to you?

His clan, and his faith in Erathis.

• What is your profession, and why did you choose it?

His profession is a stone mason, since that is what he enjoys and what his family had need of. Though, he has recently begun to consider embarking on a career as preist of Erathis.

• How do you feel about <HOME_TOWN>? Are you satisfied with life?

He loves his home, and is perfectly content with his life, as of now.

• How do you imagine yourself in ten years?

A skilled mason, accomplished preist, loyal clan member, and devoted preist of Erathis.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:
Baern Bardryn Left_bar_bleue0/0Baern Bardryn Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:55 am

So troy my idea to start is basically the church is going to kind of test you and assign you a mission before you are accepted as a full fledged member. Being as you were not born to be in the church and raised to become a priest, paladin, cleric etc they need to make sure your dedication to staying with this path. The standard procedure is to begin training with them but not be accepted until your worth has been judged. Also to join the church so devoutly later in life (versus birth) you must exemplify their ideals,
1. Letter and spirit of law above all others; no one is above the law and must be held accountable for their actions.
2. Magic users not sanctioned by the church are to dealt with promptly.
3. Actions against the innocent shall not be tolerated.

Erathis does not have the same attitudes of some gods (help those less fortunate etc) as each man is held accountable for their actions.

So basically if you are willing to take an oath to all this and then be prepared to do what the church asks you are on the road to being accepted.
>In game terms this means you can play the class to its fullest but you are not recognized by the denizens of the world as a "real" priest etc. if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Got it, and sounds like it's going to fun.

The only catch that I can think of here is working out my char's personality such that it allows him to accomplish the things you listed above, which he wants to do, while simultaneously steering him away from a Paladin-like stance.
Back to top Go down
Amnon
Admin
Amnon

Character sheet
XP to Next Level:

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:06 pm

So, if for some reason we don't end up scrapping these characters n stuff, can I remake Baern? I discovered that there are lots of clerical abilities that are all about pushing and pulling and knocking prone, or otherwise using the battlefield in a far more strategic and tactical way than the melee powers I chose before. Also, these abilites are often Wisdom vs Will or Wisdom vs Reflex, which might work better because part of my problem before is that all of Baern's powers were Strength vs AC and I think I only hit ANYTHING 3 times at the most.
Back to top Go down
Vhale Arkhan
Admin
Vhale Arkhan

Character sheet
Current Character Name:
Hit Dice:
XP to Next Level:

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 pm

I think that is a pretty good idea. With the addition of Zac and the potential new campaign we are playing in or whatever I don't think it's a big deal. I was actually thinking of making a new Paladin since a lot of the idea of the wizard came from the setting of ERathis itself. Also, I ended up chossing the wizard because we needed a controller but now I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
https://doomcock.rpg-board.net
Dean

Dean

Character sheet
Current Character Name: The DM
Hit Dice: 99
XP to Next Level:

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Yeah of course if you want to remake him you should feel free, I guess the main thing would be making sure you really wanted to play him and there isnt something more appealing? Like I guess I mean don't do another cleric JUST to prove to yourself it can be fun, I would take another look or two at the other classes they all have some really tits stuff.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Character sheet
Current Character Name: Al Gore
Hit Dice: 10
XP to Next Level:
Baern Bardryn Left_bar_bleue48000/55000Baern Bardryn Empty_bar_bleue  (48000/55000)

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:07 am

I love the use of "tits" as an adjective. I also accept "titty."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baern Bardryn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baern Bardryn   Baern Bardryn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baern Bardryn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4th Edition Campaign :: Archives :: Erathian Archives :: Erathian Party and Characters-
Jump to: